Monday, October 22, 2007

Making Room for Life: Final Week

We are wrapping up our series on Making Room for Life. This upcoming Sunday I will be finishing the series up for our Student Ministry Service. I think we have talked about a lot of good things since the series started in September. Each week has been really applicable to me. Over the course of the past few weeks I have horribly bombed a stress test. Talked with people about how all of us are simply too busy and then told those same people that I had to go because I had three research papers that were due in the next month. As a church we have talked about some really good ways to simplify our lives and focus on things that really matter. On a whole I think this entire series has been a great opportunity to take a step back and see how crowded life has become.

However as I start to finalize my notes and thoughts for this Sunday's Service I am wondering what the best way to sum everything up is. I on't have too much time to think about it though because I still have 3 research papers that are quickly approaching being due, I am going on a Middle School Retreat this weekend, and there is a pile of laundry in our laundry room that is quickly approaching the size of Mt. Fiji! What I am saying is that I personally have learned a lot about being too busy, but at the end of this message series I am still too busy.

Do we all really enjoy being this busy that even though we know we need to we never slow down? Or has our culture just convinced us that if we are going to succeed or be normal we have to live at this frantic pace? I really liked how Patrick this past week showed how Jesus was incredibly busy, but still took time to be alone with God. Maybe that is just what we will do this weekend. A little shorter of a message and more time to simply encounter God. We have spent a lot of time the past few weeks talking about experiencing abundant life. Let's take this week and actually take hold of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.